Dr Rob Petrie BSc [Hons] PhD : Headteacher
- Strategic development, direction, planning and vision.
- 3-5 year strategic plan, action and review.
- Development of future opportunities (e.g. Multi Academy Trust, Teaching School Alliance, School expansion, Site plan…).
- Raising the profile of Cockermouth School locally, nationally and internationally.
- Coordination of Ofsted preparation.
- Coordination of School Improvement Plan.
- Oversight of recruitment plan and staffing structure.
- Accountability to Governors and Trust Boards.
- Development of external partnerships – local and national business links, local and national educational links.
- Development of funding opportunities through links: Condition Improvement Fund bids, Strategic School Improvement Fund bids, sponsorship opportunities, careers opportunities.
- Chair of Strategic Senior Leadership Team meetings and termly off-site meetings.
- Line Management: Deputy Headteachers, Business Manager.
Mr Richard King BSc [Hons] : Deputy Headteacher - Teaching & Learning
- Full contribution to strategic planning and direction.
- Implementation of strategic plan in line with agreed shared vision of the school.
- Development of the annual School Improvement Plan in consultation with the Headteacher and Governors, within the framework of the 3-5 year plan.
- Implementation of, and accountability for the annual School Improvement Plan to the Headteacher and Governing Body.
- Day to day operational running of the school.
- Reviews of departmental performance and coordination/accountability of departmental action plans and teaching and learning development plans.
- Coordination of Pupil Premium/Catch-Up Premium strategy (with Assistant Headteacher - Closing the Gap).
- Coordination of staff absence/leave and Performance Management of teaching staff: Personal Professional Development/Personal Improvement Plan/Capability.
- Coordination of Initial Teacher Training/Newly Qualified Teacher/Recently Qualified Teacher plans.
- Chair of weekly Operational Senior Leadership Team meetings.
- Coordinate strategic curriculum development.
- Line Management: Assistant Headteacher – Pastoral Care, Assistant Headteacher – Closing the Gap, Assistant Headteacher - Safeguarding.
Dr Michelle Henley MA (Cantab) MEd PhD : Deputy Headteacher – Teaching, Learning & Behaviour
- Improving the quality and consistency of teaching and learning.
- Strategic plan for improving behaviour.
- Significant contribution to the development of annual School Improvement Plan.
- Improve and develop understanding of what good learning looks like.
- Develop accurate methodologies for assessing effective teaching and learning.
- INSET/Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programmes for teaching staff.
- Control of CPD budget.
- Middle leadership team development.
- Strategic plan for improving the quality of homework.
- Strategic plan for improving marking and feedback.
- Strategic plan for improving the quality of cover work.
- Line Management: Head of Year 10, Heads of English, Geography, History, Director of Research.
Mr Rik Smith BSc [Hons] : Deputy Headteacher – Student Progress (temporary for 1 year)
- Raising standards of attainment and progress for all students (including Post 16).
- Cohort analysis and intervention to narrow all gaps.
- Assessment and reporting to parents.
- Internal/External data analysis and reporting to Governors.
- Tracking student progress at all stages including Alps, SISRA, Progress 8 and Assessment Without Levels.
- Attainment and progress of disadvantaged students.
- Generation of Pupil Premium/Catch-up premium strategy data.
- Student target setting.
- School target setting (with colleagues).
- Coordination of revision/intervention programmes.
- Staffing analysis and timetabling.
- Coordination of duties.
- Line Management: Head of Year 11, Heads of Languages, Science, Director of Sixth Form.
Mrs Sue Bamforth FCMA CGMA : Business Manager
- Strategic planning for future financial security.
- Managing, monitoring and reporting budget.
- Company Secretary.
- Staff salary scales, cost analysis and benefits.
- Middle leader HR training and development.
- Procurement and Value for Money.
- Depreciation of fixed assets.
- Legal services, contracts, employment and HR coordination.
- Site management and maintenance, canteen, facilities, Health & Safety.
- External facilities and income generation.
- ICT support and website.
- Development of ICT Strategy for the school.
- Line Management: Mangers of Cover, Finance, Network, Premises.
Mr Ian Routledge BSc [Hons] : Assistant Headteacher – Pastoral Care
- Strategic development of Primary Liaison.
- Transition into secondary school.
- Nurture/Strive 2 Succeed group.
- Open Evening coordination.
- Marketing (all school).
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Staff Welfare - Staff Council, Staff Wellbeing, Staff Workload, Staff Welfare concerns.
- Strategic plan for improving staff wellbeing.
- Strategic plan for tackling staff workload issues.
- Strategic plan for improving attendance.
- Coordination of Inclusion provision.
- Coordination of tutor teams and tutor programmes.
- Line Management: Head of Year 7, Heads of Design Technology, Food & Nutrition, Personal Development/Religious Studies.
Mr Steve Milledge BA [Hons] MA : Assistant Headteacher – Safeguarding
- Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Representative at Local Inclusion Panel.
- Alternative Provision (with Deputy Headteacher – Student Progress).
- Site Security (with Business Manager).
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordination/Strategic leadership of Strategically Resourced Provision/Learning Support Department.
- Coordination of Early Helps.
- Staff training – Safeguarding.
- Strategic plan for improving the safeguarding culture in school.
- Eco School.
- Designated Children Looked After Lead.
- Healthcare and Medical Needs Plans.
- Line Management: Head of Year 9, Heads of Business/Economics, Learning Support/Strategically Resourced Provision, Physical Education, Director of Mathematics.
Mr Hugh Carter BA PGCE : Assistant Headteacher – Closing the Gap (temporary for 1 year)
- Raising standards of attainment & progress for all students (including Post-16).
- Cohort analysis and intervention to narrow all gaps.
- Internal/External data analysis of cohorts and reporting to Governors.
- Attainment and progress of disadvantaged students/other cohorts.
- Pupil Premium/Catch-up premium strategy and reporting.
- Coordination of pupil premium plans.
- Strategy for raising boys’ attainment/achievement.
- Coordination of Careers strategy throughout school.
- Information, Advice and Guidance (with Director of Sixth Form).
- Line Management: Head of Year 8, Heads of Art, Drama, Music.