Cockermouth School and Community Association
CSCA is a Parent Teacher Association (Friends of the School Group) which works hard to raise money to directly benefit our pupils!
Who Are We?
We are a Registered Charity composed mainly of parent volunteers who raise thousands of pounds each year to help enhance and support the education and extra curricular experience of many of the children at Cockermouth School.
Joining CSCA offers parents a valuable opportunity to support their children’s school!
What We Do!
We carry out a modest range of very effective fundraising activities which comprise:
- An Annual Spring raffle/smaller ongoing raffles
- Christmas bag packing day at Sainsbury’s
- Sale of Refreshments at school Events
- Operation of a 100 Club which costs parents £1 per month (£12 per annum) which offers prizes drawn each month.
- Support school by online shopping via Easyfundraising.org.uk
Our provision of refreshments at a range of parent’s evenings, school productions and other evenings not only helps raise money but we think that it also enhances these events, not only for parents and pupils but also for school teachers and staff.
Who Benefits and How?
Pupils are the sole beneficiaries of CSCA grants!
School Departments or Student Clubs and Societies have in the past benefitted from modest grants of about £250 towards eligible items that the school is not able to fund.
Most students at some stage have benefited but just a few examples of what we have supported include:
Mouth FM Radio Station a microphone
Art Dept recording visualiser, comic drawing licence, etc
Geography Dept Digi Map Subscription, GeoWatch equipment
PE Dept outdoor PA system
History Dept membership of the Historical Association
Music Dept digital recorders, speakers, etc
In the past we have supported Rock Challenge, school performances, STEM (science) projects and many others.
We have donated £10,000 towards the cost of a new minibus, £1,600 towards the cost of a new gym and £5,000 to help refurbish the school hall!
Our Current Aims:
For 2017/18 we aim to focus on raising money for a new school minibus which is much in need of replacement. We are also, however, working to link this to jointly supporting a school in Zambia with similar but more pressing needs.
How Can You Help?
In any or all of these ways:
- Join our 100 Club and pay £12 per month with a chance to win on a monthly basis.
- Join CSCA Committee to help with fundraising: We are a friendly group who meet only 5 times per year. We are composed of Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and a good number of other trustees some of whom look after specific tasks depending upon the time that they are able to give.
- Join CSCA Parent Helpers to help at events, even once or twice a year is really useful support for us.
- Buy some raffle tickets or refreshments when attending events, it all makes a difference!
100 Club: Debs Tiffin Luff on email@example.com
Committee: Lynn Graham, Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers: Pam Collis, Vice Chair on email@example.com
Dates for 2017 CSCA Meetings:
Monday 18 September 2017 at 19:00 - Eco Centre Seminar Room
Monday 13 November 2017 at 19:00 - CSCA meeting and AGM
Monday 15 January 2018 at 19:00 - Room 1 in the SRP
Monday 19 March 2018 at 19:00 - Room 1 in the SRP
Monday 8 June 2018 at 19:00 - Room 1 in the SRP